Nippertown's Greg Haymes and Brian Shields celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Beatles coming to the US.
A Local 518 Tribute to the Beatles:
1. Jim Gaudet & The Railroad Boys: "I've Just Seen a Face" from their 2011 album, No Questions Asked.
2. Marty Wendell: "Ticket to Ride" from his 2010 album, Live & Rockin.
3. Kelleigh McKenzie: "Eleanor Rigby" from her 2008 album, Chances.
Nippertown.com founder and contributor Greg Haymes joins Brian Shields for a look at (and listen to) what's new on the regional music scene.
A couple of Christmas songs and some other upcoming holiday shows...
Nippertown's Greg Haymes visits with some September music selections.
M.R. POULOPOULOS: "Skeleton Dream" from his new album Harvest the Heart playing at The Linda at 8 p.m. tonight and at Art in the Park at Congress Park in Saratoga Springs at noon on Saturday.
JIM GAUDET & THE RAILROAD BOYS: "Johnny Was an Outlaw" from their new album, Reasons That I Run playing at the Steamer No. 10 Theatre in Albany at 8 p.m. on Saturday.
Nippertown's Greg Haymes brings some local and regional music choices to the studio.
This week's playlist:
1. RAY MURRAY & THE BOMB SQUAD
"Come On Train" from their self-titled debut album; playing at Valentine's Music Hall tonight along with Sgt. Dunbar & the Hobo Banned.
2. PETE DONNELLY
"Got Caught Up" from his upcoming sophomore album "Face the Bird"; playing at Valentine's Music Hall on Saturday along Olivia Quillio and Bear Grass.
3. THE MALLET BROTHERS BAND
WAMC's Brian Shields speaks with Nippertown's Greg Haymes about his weekend music picks:
1. Rick Rourke & Lost Wages' "Rose-Colored Glasses" from his album Three Sides to Every Story, performing at the Albany Tulip Festival on the Lakehouse Stage in Washington Park at 3:30 on Saturday.
2. Eastbound Jesus' "Waitin' On the Sun" from their new album Northern Rock, performing at the Albany Tulip Festival on the Lakehouse Stage in Washington Park at 4:45 on Sunday.