Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
New York News
Mon December 2, 2013
Court Date For NY Woman Accused In One Fund Scam
The case of a New York woman accused of scamming almost half a million dollars from the Boston Marathon bombing victims fund is heading back to court this week.
Prosecutors said Audrea Gause, 26, of Troy got a $480,000 check from the One Fund after using faked medical records to claim she was treated at Boston Medical Center and Albany Medical Center in Albany, N.Y., for traumatic brain injury suffered in the April 15 bombings.
Gause has pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Gause is facing a hearing on her case on Wednesday in Suffolk Superior Court.
Authorities said they got a tip she may not have been in Boston that day and the hospitals said they didn't treat her.
Prosecutors said Gause used $377,500 of the money to pay a contractor for a new house.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.